Wednesday, January 7, 2009


I just started this album on January 1st - I got the idea off some other brilliant person's blog. The concept is simple, you take one photo every day of the year and journal a few sentences about it. It may be a photo of your child, a photo of your dinner or a photo of your laundry (there are lots of days when I feel like that is all I see!!!). I am trying to keep it REALLY simple so that I will actually follow through on it. I am building the album in Polaroid My Memories Suite (http://www.polaroidmymemoriessuite.com/) which I love - it is all digital, the design is done and it is FAST!
So far I love making this album - it lets me include all those little things I normally wouldn't take a photo of but are a big part of my daily life - backpacks, laundry, snow shovels (I am SOO ready for spring!!) Yesterday I took a picture of my new tires - $650 dollars and I haven't gotten a single compliment on them all day! I hate buying tires, I feel like they are accessories for my car when I would rather buy accessories for ME! Anyway, at least now I have commemorated the occasion!

8 comments:

  1. This is a cute idea! Like you said, it makes you take pictures of the everyday things that happen in life including the things you wouldn't normally think to take pictures of. Since kids grow up so fast, it will be fun to see the things that happen in their lives and to see them change. This will be a great treasure when the year is over!

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome idea. My wife has been doing something similar but not quite as involved as this. She does a book each year for each of our children using the mymemoriessuite and then gives the books to the children for Christmas. The kids love it and spend hours reading them and looking at the pictures. The books are also great gifts for grandparents who live far and are a way for them to keep up on what their grand children are doing. Your idea though goes even farther and like Annette says above it will track those everyday thing that happen that are sometimes forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun and ingenious! You could even give each child a turn in taking pictures for you... darling idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clean columnar look and adore the "January" font. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!!! Way to start the year out right! "SUITE" that you posted me and my beautiful baby on your first page. I know I say I had scrapbooking/blogging but I may be hooked on this Polaroid thing...You did such a cute job. Had a blast that day, thanks for pulling it all together as usual. XOXO Sis-ta Becky :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I know what spell check is...what I meant to say was: " I know I say I hate scrapbooking but I may be hooked on this Polaroid thing." Sorry-had to set the record straight :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The font is a Creative Keepsakes font - ck roxy alternate. One of the things I love about My Memories Suite is that you can use all the fonts on your computer - it gives you tons of design flexibility!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great way to get your Journaling done FAST, Easy and colorful! Thanks Jenn!!

    ReplyDelete