Friday, January 9, 2009

Traditional album to photobook



This is a page out of a scrapbook my mom, sister and I created out of my grandma's photos after she died in 2001. My grandma was a woman who liked to get stuff done so her photo albums consisted of those self adhesive books - she would just stick the photos in there and that was it. There were photos from 1971 next to photos from 1952 but they were in an album!!! In an effort to save the photos and restore some chronology we created these traditional scrapbooks. It was definately a labor of love. We presented the finished albums (3 volumes in all) to my mom's 3 brothers and her sister the Christmas after my grandma died. While they were thrilled to see the photos and read the stories my mom wrote they were also a little annoyed that they didn't have a copy of the photos OR the album. The albums had original photos, there was only one copy and the album posts were always coming apart. We had to treat them like small children we were all sharing custody of. This year I solved the problem! I scanned all the pages from the albums and imported them into My Memories Suite as backgrounds. Then I ordered photobooks for my aunt, uncles and siblings. It was super easy and fast and I was able to condense all three traditional albums into one photobook. The books were a huge hit and now we have gone from being the people who were hoarding the albums and photos (you know they were thinking it!) to being the favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment